Dear Delegates and Fellow Colleagues,
I take great pleasure and deep honour, in inviting you to the 2016 Penang Surgical Symposium, to take place in Georgetown, Penang from the 29th-31st July 2016. This event is organised by the Society of Surgeons Penang in collaboration with the Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland (Surgical Training) for which we have prepared an elaborate program covering all aspects of Surgery which is highly beneficial for House Officers, Medical Officers and Registrars.
Along with renowned Malaysian faculty, internationally well-known Surgeons have been invited to share their knowledge and expertise during this meeting. The pre-congress workshop will be focused on Science of Tissue Management and we encourage young aspiring Surgeons to attend. Latest skills and advanced procedures will be demonstrated and discussed during the Symposium. On 31st July, we will also be having a Masterclass targeted at Masters Candidates.
The Secretariat will be happy to assist you with any administrative or travel related questions, so please take your time to view this web site which has information and links to help you get the most out of this unique event. It is a privilege to welcome you and to express my appreciation for your participation in this Symposium and for the contributions you have made to make this Symposium wonderful. Amidst this three-day hectic event, I do hope our participants and faculty will find some time to explore this culturally rich city of Penang.
I would like take this opportunity to express my sincere gratitude to my fellow committee members for their support and efforts in putting this programme together.
The Organising Committee PSS 2016
- Pre-Symposium Workshop—Hands-on Skills! in The Science of Tissue Management. Limited places available.
- Post-Symposium Masterclass. Exam-oriented. For selected Surgical Trainees.
- Keep abreast of latest Surgical Updates.
- Opening ceremony and keynote speech by Director General of Health Malaysia, Datuk Dr Noor Hisham Abdullah, who is also a Senior Consultant Surgeon in Breast, Endocrine and General Surgery.
- In collaboration with the Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland, Surgical Training and Research.
- Leading Surgical Experts from various sub-specialties.
- Local and International Speakers.
- A diversity of Delegates and Speakers.
- Expand your networking in the Surgical world.
- Get your Poster Abstract published in PSS2016!
- Best Poster Awards!
- Attractive Lucky Draw prizes!
- Visit to the World Heritage Site.